Search News Posts

  • Ticket and Support   0962.79.95.281


In public areas animals shall be held in leash and muzzled or kept in containers and in respect of hygiene regulations

Transport regulations

Small size animals
If confirmed by the airline, they are admitted in cabin within a waterproof and robust transport cage ( for cage size check on your airline website). The maximum combined weight 8cage + animal + food or beverage) shall be 8/10 kg, according to the airline regulations. Reservation is mandatory.

Big size animals
They will be admitted in the aircraft’s hold (which is pressurized and warm) within a strong and hard transport cage according to IATA regulations, large enough to let the animal move within. An advanced reservation is required.

Contact your travel agent or airline to know the regulations for the transport of domestic animals. You will have to pay a surcharge for your animal (this fee will change according to the animal size and airline) at the airport ticket counter.

Medical certificates

U.E. Nations
If you are travelling to a UE destination with your animals, they must have:

  • UE passport issued by the vet health service
  • Anti-rabie vaccine and the list of vaccinations
  • A legible tattoo or an electronic identification system (microchip).

If the passport is missing the animal will not be admitted on board.

If you’re travelling to United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden and Malta be informed that these countries have more severe regulation for the admission of animals within their states. For more info please visit the following websites: (Irlanda), (Svezia), (Gran Bretagna), (Malta).

Pets under the age of three months are not admitted in Italy. Anyway contact the local embassy of the nation you’re travelling to, in order to get exact information of the applying regulations on animal transportation.

Extra U.E. nations
Before travelling with your pet to an extra U.E destination check by your local health agency for the procedures and certifications required by that nation. You can also find important info on the Health ministry website

Animals coming in Italy will need an origin and health certificate. For dogs, cats and ferrets you’ll need a specific health certification(Commission resolution 2004/824/CE) filled by the competent health authority. In both cases the PIF (Frontier inspection post) vet will be required to release the Entry Common Vet Document (DVCE).

As to birds coming from third countries, delivered as cargo or as checked bag, specific restrictions apply.

Protected animals
The transportation of birds, fishes, frogs and turtles is admitted in front of an origin certification released by the origin nation. For protected species the CITES (export authorization) certificate will be mandatory. For rfuther information visit the CITES website (Washington convention on  international commerce of dying species)